Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Bobby Duncan: Faith, Hope and Everything Else

First of all, please excuse my lack of blogging. The past few weeks have been extremely crazy and it has been very hard to sit down and give you something good.

For two weeks I was at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, which was very exciting and eventful but, tiring at the same time. When my roommates and I had some time to get away at night--a very rare occasion--we would to go over to the Armadillo Palace, on Kirby Dr.

One night, as we walked in, I knew it was going to be a good night because I could hear live music in the background! As we passed through the crowd and found an open table I was able to see who was on stage: It was Bobby Duncan and I had been wanting to see him live ever since Brandon Rhyder recommended him. Let me just say, I was BEYOND impressed.

Along with his three band members, Bobby rocked the intimate and snug setting of the Armadillo Palace (which is my new favorite Houston venue/bar) and then took some time to play a a few acoustic songs alone.

Overall, I was highly pleased with the performance and my night. I hope to be able to sit down with Bobby when he comes to College Station in April for a more in depth story. Until then, I recommend picking up his album, Faith, Hope and Everything Else, produced by Walt Wilkins.

This 2009 release is a twelve-song masterpiece in my opinion. I greatly enjoy music I can put in my car, CD player, iPod, what have you, and let it play over and over again. This is exactly what I found when I first listened to this album and I have yet to tire of it.

My favorite track off the record is "Changes" -- something about the way the song is put together just really hits me and the lyrics, well, you'll just have to listen to the song to understand what I mean when i say, WOW!

Bobby writes in his album thank you credits, "this record is about the progression of life for a 22-year-old kid, and a girl who drove me crazy."

At such a young age, Bobby Duncan has a long future ahead of him in the music biz and has already established his name and sound as a force to be reckoned with.

stay tuned for an update on Bobby coming in late April...I hope!

--betsy!

No comments:

Post a Comment